Back to the Sample Menu
Grade 3 Math
by Donna Thomas
West End, North Carolina
"C" Level Activities: 65 points maximum
1. Listen to mini-lesson. 5 points per day
2. Do pages 170. Work only the problems whose numbers are multiples of 3. 5 points
3. Practice flashcards with a partner for 15 minutes. 5 points
4. Use the "Factor Machine" for 15 minutes. 10 points
5. Listen and sing along with "Multiplication Rap." 5 points
6. Cut pictures out of magazines that illustrate arrays. Create a poster with them.
Write the multiplication equation that matches each array. 10 points
7. Play "Factor Football" with a group. Each person must record the problems
and the answers in their Math Journals. 10 points
8. Gather materials from outside (sticks, rocks, leaves, etc.). Create a poster with
the objects that illustrate the concept of multiplication.
(Example: a 3x3 array of sticks or 4 sets of 3 rocks). 10 points
9. In "Kid Pix" use the stamp to create a book about multiplication. 10 points
10. In your Math Journal, explain and demonstrate the concept of multiplication.
Be specific. 15 points
"B" Level Activities: Choose 1
1 On the computer, play "Multiplication Madness." Show master of facts by
printing out the certificate. 15 points
2 Complete the Multiplication Problem Solving Packet. Remember to defend
your answers. 15 points
3 Teach the teacher the multiplication. Remember to plan how you are going
to do this. 15 points
"A" Level Activities: Choose 1
1 Create a math game, song, or story that deals with multiplication.
Be ready to share it with the class. 15 points
2 Write and publish 10 word problems that can be solved by using multiplication.
Make sure that you have an "answer" page attached. 15 points