Chapters 13, 14 in Magruder’s American Government
Chapter 9 in Civics
Participating in Government
Unit 6 (assignments with an *
are REQURIED and will be done as a class)
C layer. Maximum 65 points in this section.
1. Listen to the
lecture and take notes. 5 pts./day
1_____________ 2_____________ 3_____________ 4_____________5_____________
B layer-ONLY choose one 15 pts.
1. Write a story using vocabulary terms from the board.
2. Create a puppet show teaching the roles of the President.
3. Find four news articles which document the President using his Constitutional powers. Under each article label the power used.
4. Make something edible demonstrating the power of the presidency.
5. Perform your own song or poem on presidential powers given to the President by the Constitution.
6. Make something
edible demonstrating a role of the President
A layer. Choose one. Use an “A” level assignment sheet. 20 pts.
1. Should the President have signed into law the Patriot Act?
2. Should the President’s term of office be longer?
3. Should the President’s executive privilege be absolute ?
4. Should the President’s power to issue executive orders be limited?
5. Should the
President be elected using a different method?
No tardies, working on assignments in class, and present at all unit
94-100 = A 93-86 = A- 85-82 = B+ 81-75 = B 74-71 = B- 70-67 = C+ 66-60 =C 59-56 = C-
Parent signature/date contact phone #
(parent signature and date worth 5 pts. in the C layer)