Seventh Grade Science
Demonstrate the way to properly create a data table.
Demonstrate the way to properly create a graph.
Begin to see what a scientist is and does.
Begin to see why it important to follow directions.
Distinguish between different types of observations.
Distinguish between an
observation and an inference.
State Standards Addressed in this unit:
|7.2.4||Express numbers like 100, 1,000, and 1,000,000 as powers of 10.|
|7.2.6||Read analog and digital meters on instruments used to make direct measurements of length, volume, weight, elapsed time, rates, or temperatures, and choose appropriate units.|
|7.2.7||Incorporate circle charts, bar and line graphs, diagrams, scatter plots*, and symbols into writing, such as lab or research reports, to serve as evidence for claims and/or conclusions.|
|7.5.3||Demonstrate how the scale chosen for a graph or drawing determines its interpretation.|
1. First Day Activities/Pictures – (Toilet Paper Activity) (3 points) ____
2. Class Procedures, Social Contracts, and Safety Contracts (10 points) ____
3. Overview of Year and Layered Curriculum Outline Discussion ____
4. At the Bell Activity (2 Points) ____
5. Classroom Observation (5 points) ____
6. Scientists (5 points) ____
7. Observation and Inferences Activity with class discussion (5 points) ____
8. Maze Puzzle ( 5 points) ____
9. Qualitative vs. Quantitative (5 points) ____
10. Units and Measurement (5 points) ____
11. Getting off on the right foot - Data Table and Graphing Procedure (10 points) ____
(Or Recycling Program Assignment ??)
12. At The Bell - Summaries (5 Points) ____
13. How to write answers to a written question Procedure (5 points) ____
Start B Layer Work – Choose a B Layer Project
B Layer Work
B Layer Work
A Layer Work – How to write a good reference and summarize an article.
Turn in when Complete
1. Make a safety poster for the class
2. Create a poster or display sharing the proper parts of a graph and/or data table.
1. Is the use of goggles in the science lab good or bad?
2. Or another possible
C layer Points earned
(max 65) _____
B Layer Points earned
(max 15) _____
A Layer Points earned
(20 max) _____
D 56-70 C 71-85 B 86+ A
Keep track of your points by circling the activity and writing your points received.