History - Unit 3 Chapters 10 & 11
Layer C: If you do not complete
any assignments beyond this layer the highest grade you may earn is a C.
Choose any of these assignments for a maximum of 70 points:
1. Lecture Notes
Chapter 10 Sec. 1, 2, & 3
Chapter 11 Sec. 1,2, &3
2. Complete packet of assignments
Pg. 228 # 1,2, &3
Pg. 232 # 2,3, & 4 a,b,c
Pg. 235 # 2,3
Pg. 242 # 1,2, & 3
Pg. 247 # 1,2, & 3
Pg. 253 # 2&3
3. Outline each section in chapters 10 & 11
4. Complete chapter 10 & 11 TAKS everyday
activities 10 points
5. Complete Main Ideas Worksheets
Main Ideas 10.1, 10.2, 10.3
Main Ideas 11.1, 11.2, 11.3
6. Prepare a lecture for the class over a person or event in
Layer B: You must complete 1
assignment from this layer to earn a grade of B. Choose only 1
for a maximum of 10 points
1. Go to www.hrw.com to read about Justin and
Theodora. Create a chart listing the ways in which they affected
future generations of people
2. Use a current event source to explore a current
condition or political unrest in an Eastern European country.
Write a 1-2 page typed report in your own words about the
situation. Cite any sources that you use. Cut and paste
will earn a grade of zero.
3. Research Mohammed, write a 1-2 page typed report
on how he changed life on the Arabian Peninsula and beyond. The
report must be in your own words. Cut and paste will earn a grade
4. Explore the role of women in Muslim societies
through out history. Create a visual representation of your
Layer A: You must complete 1
assignment from this layer to earn a grade of A Choose only one for a
maximum of 20 points.
1. Research and write a report or create a
presentation on some aspect of Byzantine architecture, icons, arts, or
symbols. How do these symbols reflect Byzantine history?
2. Research Byzantine art, create a piece of art or
design a building or church in Byzantine style. Display your
3. Trace a political map of the present-day Middle
East, and North Africa. Add in information about the spread of
Islam throughout this area. List modern countries that were
wholly or partially included in the Islamic empire by 750.
Research and list the major religions of each country today.
4. Investigate nations that today are predominately
Islamic. Prepare a report on the role religion plays in law,
government, and daily life. The report must be a minimum of 2