- Why the Americas attracted Europeans, why
brought enslaved Africans to their colonies, and how Europeans
struggled for control of North American and the Caribbean.
- How political, religious, and social
institutions emerged in the English colonies.
- How the values and institutions of
economic life took root in the colonies, and how slavery reshaped
European and African life in the Americas.
C: All students must
complete study guide for Chapters 3 and 4.
Need to earn 60 points for this section before moving on
- Make flashcards of terms: compass, globe, Christopher
Lost Colony, Slavery, Colony, Mayflower Compact, Puritans, Indentured
servant, Mercantilism, Triangular Trade, Fort Duquesne, Treaty of
Paris. Word, sentence, definition, drawing.
- Worksheet packet – chapter 4.
- Make a timeline of events from 1500 until 1760.
least 10 events.
- Identify 5 important people and their contribution to the
development of the Unites States of America from colonial times to the
- Watch power point presentation and take notes.
- Create a poster depicting passage on a slave ship in the
Triangular Trade. Include what Triangular Trade was and what
routes it took.
- Draw the routes early European Explorers took on the
Include Cabot, Cartier, Verrazano, Columbus, Vespucci, Drake, and
- Total Points
Level B: Need to earn 40 pts. Before moving on to
- Create a graphic organizer of the three
Colonial regions. Include climate, crops,
products made, what American Indians lived in the area, style of
living, type of land available.
- Unit 2 Activity Master 1 worksheet –
take to a new home”
- Research the Mayflower.
Make a chart of basic information about the ship, such
its size, number of crew members, number of passengers, and amount of
time it took to sail to Plymouth. Draw and
label a cross section of the ship.
- Create Venn diagram
and contrasting New England colonies and Southern Colonies
- Create a
Benjamin Franklin’s inventions.
- Read the biography of
Oglethorpe on page 80 or Margaret Brent on page 64.
Create a poster depicting their lives.
A: Need to earn 25 points
for a grade.
Create an ad or travel brochure to encourage
people to move to
one of the original 13 colonies
Write a letter to a relative in England
in the colonies. You need to include
your daily activities as well as a description of your town. Explain how you feel about living in the
colony. List both good and bad things
about being a colonial. Needs to be one
Design 6 quilt squares depicting daily life