Parts of Nonfiction Layered Curriculum
Layer C. You must complete
6. This section can be done during reading.
* indicates something everyone
- *Complete the daily word
sort with word list given by teacher. There will be a new sheet weekly
and a weekly test.
Mon- Free Sort, Tues-
Teacher Sort, Wed- Buddy Sort, Thurs – ABC Sort
- * Take two column notes on
- Write down three facts from
your reading everyday.
- Write down three opinions
from your reading everyday.
- Complete the lesson review
- Write directions to a plant
on how to do photosynthesis.
- Write directions for
Layer B- You must complete 2.
- In a group of no more than
4 construct a brief skit with the title herbivores carnivores and
omnivores go to the_________________. The characters, must show
- Make up a song Titled the
scavenger song. Sung to the tune of another song. Make sure you have
the definition and examples of scavenger in the song.
- Make up a game where you
use the food chain and food web to play.
Layer A- You must complete
- Write 3 poems Your
assigned reading.One poem must be a limerick, one a haiku, and one a
rhyming poem example: AABB, ABAB, AABAAC ect.
- Write an essay describing
what you learned in this layered curriculum in your own words. Explain
why it is important to reading, and why, and how to use them.