FORCES, MOTION, AND ENERGY
DESIGNED BY: TRISHA SMITH
Required by all*.
1. Read or listen to each chapter,
on your own or with a partner, in the Forces, Motion, and Energy textbook
Choose 1 from numbers 2, 3,
2. Create flash cards for vocabulary words from each chapter.
3. Create a crossword puzzle using vocabulary words from each chapter.
4. Define vocabulary words
on your own paper.
Choose 5 or 6:
5. Create flip book that shows how Newton’s Laws of Motion work.
6. Write a song/rap that has
information about machines.
*You must do the above work,
from “C” Layer, on your own. You may help each other, but
I will receive individual work from everyone.
Required by all*, numbers 7-10:
7. Chapter 3: Create a poster about Pascal’s Principle and Bernoulli’s Principle.
8. Chapter 4: Make a list of all the different types of machines you have at your house.
9. Chapter 5: Find, watch, and take notes on a video from unitedstreaming.com. It should
discuss Energy (Potential, Kinetic, and Mechanical).
10. Chapter 6: Create a PowerPoint Presentation using information from all the sections
of this chapter. Each section should have at least 3 slides per section
(which means, you should have 12 slides minimum, NOT including your
introduction and ending).
*You may work alone, with a
partner, or with no more than 3 people on the above projects from
This section is an option,
but if you choose not to complete “A” Layer, you will, at
most, receive a “B” as your grade on this activity.
11. Using the information from Chapters 1 through 6, design a sketch of your very own
rollercoaster. Make a list of materials you might need to construct this rollercoaster.
Be prepared to physically create this rollercoaster in a few weeks.