for the Shadowman Layered Project
by Amber Carter
*** If you lose this form, you
will not receive another. You will have to rely on the
classroom copy (which does not go home)! ***
***LEVEL C – For a “C,” you must earn ____
to _____ points. Extra points will not be given.
1. Read the novel. A Summarization Kit must
be turned in for each chapter to receive points. Points
will only be given for the chapters read. (30 points) (Required)
___1 ___2 ___3
2. Turn in Vocabulary Book. (20 points) (Required)
3. Turn in Study Guide Questions. (20 points) (Required)
4. Turn in Search for the Shadowman Notes. (9 points)
All of the “C” Level assignments can be done in
***LEVEL B – For a “B,” you must complete
level “C” and earn ____ to _____ points:
5. Develop Character Relationship Webs for 8 character
relationships. (3 points)
6. Construct a Plot Diagram for the novel. (3 points)
7. Construct a Character Wheel for the following characters:
_____ Miz Minna
_____ Miss Winnie
8. Organize a T-Chart for 10 Cause and Effect relationships.
9. Organize a T-Chart for 5-8 major symbols on the book.
10. Construct a Time Line of Coley Joe’s actions.
You must include 15-20 events. (3 points)
The highest number of points you can receive form this level
is _____. You may not do more “B” assignments
for an “A”.
***LEVEL A – For an “A,” you must complete
levels “B” and “C” and earn ____ to
_____ points: (Projects must be completed in essay form.
Typed papers are encouraged. Essays must be at least
1 page in length.)
11. React to the character’s decision at the end
of the novel. Dispute or justify Andy’s decision.
What would you have recommended the character do? (10 points)
12. Develop a family tree. (This does not need to be
in essay form -- the more creative, the better. Points
will be given based on the extent to which the research was
done. (10 points)
13. Construct a bolo tie and determine the significance
of the bolo tie in the book. (10 points)
14. Develop a journal of the Bonner family. You
must include at least 10 semi-dated entries. (10 points)
15. Illustrate the Salt Wars and draw at least 5 conclusions
about the war and its affects. (10 points)
You must do an “A” project to receive an “A”.
ALL LEVELS ARE DUE ____________________!!!
***ALL QUIZZES AND EXAMS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR EVERY STUDENT.
THEY DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS LAYERED PROJECTS!***
I understand what is expected of me. If I have questions,
I know to ask Mrs. Carter immediately before I get behind.
My goal is to earn a _____ A
Parent Signature (5 points)
Search for the Shadowman Layered Project Evaluation
(To be filled out at the end of the novel)
The “C” activities were…_______________________________________________
The “B” activities were…_______________________________________________
The “A” activities were…_______________________________________________
What I liked best about the Layered Project…
What I think should be changed for the next Layered Project…