Back to the Sample Menu
Unit 2: Finger Group Lessons 11-20
by Lorrie Cook, South Dakota
Name ____________________ Due Date _____________________
70 - 77 = D 78 - 85 = C 86 - 92 = B 93+ = A
You must orally defend what you have learned from each of the following assignments:
Note: Activities worth 5 points should take about 15 minutes.
C Layer (No more than 85 points):
1. (Required-70 pts) Participate fully in daily dictation lesson (3.5 pts/day).
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Key each line once in the corresponding worksheet (3.5 pts/worksheet)
11-1 12-1 13-1 14-1 15-1 16-1 17-2 18-1 19-1 20-1
2. (5 pts each) Work 1 or 2 of the following lessons in Microtype Pro, Section A: 8, 12, and 16.
3. (5 pts) Create a list of at least 15 words using all of the letters in this unit. Type the words 10 times each.
4. (10 pts) Read a news article (approved by the teacher) about computer technology and key 5 questions and answers.
5. (10 pts) Create your own drill page of 15 lines, 5 of the lines must contain words, capitals and tabs. Exchange your drill sheet with a friend and key the other student's drill sheet.
6. Develop an assignment of your own with teacher approval. (Points determined by teacher)
B Layer: Choose one - 7 points (You must earn a minimum of 5 points to get credit. Assignments used in previous units will not be duplicated.)
7. Create a game that reviews and evaluates all of the alphabetic keys.
8. Type an approved assignment for another class. (at least two pages, double spaced, size 12 font)
9. Design and key a children's book. Illustrations may be hand drawn but words must be keyed.
10. Retype an approved Dr. Seuss book.
11. Develop an assignment of your own with teacher approval.
A Layer: Choose one - 8 points (You must earn a minimum of 5 points to get credit. Questions used in previous units will not be duplicated.) See my web site for more instructions and the A-Layer Template (lc020.k12.sd.us)
12. How might keyboarding skills enhance your career opportunities?
13. Do you think computers enhance student creativity?
14. Do you think computers have improved education?
25. Develop a topic of your own with teacher approval.
Note: All keyed assignments must contain a header and must be corrected and evaluated before being turned in.