San Antonio, Tx
How to eat
Required- Read the book (25 points)
Section I – Choose at least 3 of these assignments
below for a maximum of 45 points
- Pick a character of the book and make up the history
of this character. Exp: What is his birthday? Do they have any siblings?
What is their favorite sport? Anything that can make this character
alive to you and your classmates. (15 points)
- Watch the movie and create a van diagram comparing
the book to the movie. (15 points)
- Choose 15 words from the book that you do not know
and create flash cards with the words definition on the front and a
sentence using the word on the back. (Remember not to start the sentence
with the word I) (15 Points)
- Write a paragraph telling the class what you think
a true friend is. Do the characters in the book match your definition
of a true friend? (15 Points)
- Create a new cover for the book. Make sure that the reader will be able to have some
idea of what the book is about. (15 Points)
- With 15 vocabulary words create a crossword puzzle.
Use the definitions as the clues for the words or an example sentence
from the book. (15 Points)
- Re-act your favorite part of the book with a few
of your classmates. All will get credit for their participation. (15 Points)
Section II - Choose 1 from the list below. Worth
- Pick out your favorite character and make a time
line of moments when they were a true friend.
- Looking at your van diagram from Section I, which
part of the book that was left out should have been in the movie. What difference to the
story would it have made?
- Create your own cookbook of receipts for worms. Make
sure there is a cover page and pictures of the finished plate. You can
look at other cookbooks for ideas and change the meat product for worms.
Section III - Choose 1 from the list below. Worth
- Create your own character for the book. Describe
them and explain which side of the challenge they would be on.
- Do you think that challenges like this are given
in friendship group in real life? Would you be a part of one if there
was? Give examples of some challenges given that you have seen or heard
and tell if you understand the reasons for them or not. Pick a side
of the challenge and state your case for or against it. Must be at least