C Level (79 points maximum)
1. Watch the two movies "Apollo 13" and
list ten things that were different
and 10 things that were the same. (20 points)
2. Draw the magnetic field of the earth
and of the moon. (10 points)
3. Draw a picture of the movement of plate
tectonics. (10 points)
4. List 5 things that are different in
how Aristotle viewed the moon as compared to how the moon
is viewed today. (10 points)
5. Make a table of 5 characteristics comparing
the earth & moon (i.e. diameter, orbit, info, etc.)
6. Draw the earth and moon to scale on
the same piece of paper. (10 points)
7. Observe, draw, and label the phases
of the moon for 4 days. (10 points)
8. Find 10 questions about the earth and
moon and answer them. (10 points)
9. Flash cards for 10 vocabulary words
including at least 4 describing the phases of the moon.
10. Describe 5 things (processes, observations,
etc.) which show how the surface of the earth is different
than the surface of the moon. (10 points)
11. In a language other than English, describe
the difference between waxing and waning. (10 points)
12. Take a quiz on day #3 from your notes.
B Level (10 points maximum)
1. Draw, label, and understand the
phases of the moon over a two week period.
2. Describe in detail how we can know the
time by looking at the moon.
A Level (10 points maximum)
Write a paper (200-400 words) using
at least 3 references on one of the following issues. Take
a stand and state your opinion.
1. Should we continue exploration
of the moon?
2. Is there any value to the exploration
of other planets and stars to those of us on earth?